Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about how your Baseus item is supposed to function? Not sure if you’re using it the right way? Maybe you couldn’t quite understand the instructions included – or hey, maybe you didn’t even read them – it happens. Maybe you just need help troubleshooting whether it’s defective – that also happens (rarely, but sometimes.)
We’re here to help!
Let’s start with just some basics that apply to most Baseus products, but most of this post will be about earphones and other audio/bluetooth equipment.
Most Baseus items will come from the factory with at least a small function charge – so you can expect to be able to pair those earphones right out of the. To preserve that factory startup charge, earphones will often have a thin piece of blue or clear film covering the connector charging points. Which brings us to our #1 most frequently asked question:
My earphones don’t work/charge/pair, why? Remove that little tiny (and sometimes hard to see) piece of plastic film from each bud. Then return them to the case and you should see some lights blinking. Generally red flashing light means bad, white flashing or solid light means good. Sometimes Baseus uses a blue LED light and that can be good or bad so we suggest you read your instruction manual accompanying your item for an explanation of what the lights/colors/flashing means for your particular item.
Power banks and chargers – one size does NOT fit all: We sometime get people that write in to tell us that the wall charger is not working after they attempted to use it for their laptop. Yep, that happens a lot! Laptops are big power suckers. They require a higher amperage and wattage transfer capability than any mere cell phone and therefore a charger that is sufficient for a cell phone or even tablet charge, is likely not going to be sufficient for a laptop. We repeat, do not use a cell phone charger on a laptop! If you did and you hear a “pop” or a “zing” or something that generally sounds suspicious, you may have overpowered the unit. If that is the case it may no longer work. Baseus does make high wattage chargers that can be used on laptops and when they do it will be specified distinctly. If it doesn’t say it is ok for laptops, then you should assume it is NOT okay for laptops.
Can you pair more than one bluetooth item to a device? (or) Why can’t I play my bluetooth headphones off my cell phone AND my laptop? The answer to this, in short, is you can but just one at a time. And you may have to “forget a device” to get the pairing to refresh correctly. BUT you cannot have your headphones (earphones) paired to both your phone and your laptop simultaneously and play music from your laptop and take a call on your cell phone. It just doesn’t work that way. The pairing can’t know what to cut in and out on demand. It simply wants to be paired with one device and transfer all the audio from that device through to the unit. Simple.
Question: Only one of my earbuds is working, or it’s cutting in and out at times…what gives?
This problem may be caused by low battery, incorrect operation or a defect. Try the following steps to troubleshoot:
Step 1: Make sure the earbuds have power by doing the following:
(1) Put them back into the charging case and then open the lid to see if the LEDs are on.
(2) If all the LEDs on the earbuds are flashing white, the earbuds are proving to be functional.
(3) If the LEDs do not flash, please wipe the charging contacts with a alcohol cotton swab.
(4) If one of the earphones still cannot get full charged, please leave this one alone in the charging case until it is full charged.
Step 2: Test the effect of both earbuds to avoid incorrect operation by doing the following:
(1) Confirm whether the music APP can adjust the sound balance, and try to see if the sound on both sides can be heard when making and receiving calls.
(2) Try to just connect the “no sound” earbud only with your phone to see if it could work. If it works, it means it is not malfunctioning.
(3) Make sure that both the earbuds and the charging case have sufficient charge, then try to restart the earbuds: put the earbuds back into the charging case and close the lid, and then take them out after 15s, the earbuds will then connect with your phone automatically.
Step 3: Restore Factory Settings
Please turn off the Bluetooth function on all surrounding devices and then restore the earbuds to factory settings: After the charging case is opened, press and hold the button on the charging case for 10S until the white and red light flashes.
Finally, re-pair the earbuds with your phone.
Question: only one earbud works at all, the other wont light up, charge or play, why?
This problem may be caused by the charging contact release films not being removed, the charging contacts being dirty, the charging case not being sufficiently charged or a defect.
Please try the following steps to troubleshoot:
1. Please make sure that the release films are removed from the charging contacts.
2. Please make sure that the charging case has sufficient charge.
3. Please wipe the charging contacts with a alcohol cotton swab and put the earbuds back into the charging case to charge.
4. Restore Factory Settings
Please turn off the Bluetooth function on all surrounding devices and then restore the earbuds to factory settings: After the charging case is opened, press and hold the button on the charging case for 10s until the white and red light flashes.
Finally, try to charge the earbuds again.
Got more questions you would like to see us answer here? Send us an email to hey at baseus.io and we’ll gladly try to help!